Trent Park, Enfield


Advertisement
Published: May 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

As planned, we left for Trent Park in the mid morning. We started the trail outside Cockfosters Station, north edge of the Piccadilly Line on 2 May. We walked through the meadows and grasses with buttercups towards the café in the centre of Trent Park. As expected, there were a lot of people with children and dogs in the park.

We followed the trail on the Oakwood towards the nature reserve around the Middlesex University. Birches, horse chestnut trees, ashes, oaks, and various types of conifers and shrubs were thriving and they showed its distinctive colours and shapes of the foliage from lime green to dark green. White and pinkish cherry blossoms, crimson, purple, orange, and magenta rhododendrons and azaleas, puce bluebells, yellow rises were blooming and they decorated the lush green space in the Trent Park. Ducks, oriental ducks, and goslings were swimming in the lake. Quite a few people were fishing in the lake as well.

After having a picnic lunch, we followed the trail on the woodland along the farmland of Enfield Chase and overlooked the park from the site of the obelisk. We really enjoyed the walk in Trent Park on 2 May 2011.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.148s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1064s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb