Grovelands Park near Southgate


Advertisement
Published: May 5th 2021
Edit Blog Post

Since restrictions have been gradually eased up we have been more encouraged to travel outside of borough of Haringay. After visiting Broomfield Park on the No.121 route, we decided to visit Grovelands Park near Southgate Station.



Having photocopied the Southgate Area’s map, we took the No.121 bus from Wood Green and got off at Southgate station. Following the map, we found the main road The Bourne and walked down towards the park’s main entrance. It was just 10 minutes walk from Southgate Station.



Grovelands Park possessed a wide variety of shrubs and trees thriving in a peaceful suburban setting and dark- and light-coloured leaves stood out in a blue sky on 25th April. The footpath led us to the Boating Lake. As the park’s website introduces, there were a wide variety of waterfowls and their signets in the lake – and they were willing to receive food from visitors. We saw a couple nests and the island where these waterfowls live.



After walking around the lake, we continued ambling the woodland and the nature trail on the east side of the park. As well as cherry blossoms, we found bluebells and garlic flowers blossoming on the foot of the trees and shady areas – their blue, purple and white colours stood out on the lush grounds.



Furthermore, Grovelands Park possesses a historic house, Grovelands House, which was built in the 18th century to the design of John Nash for Walker Grary, A Quaker Brewer. The classical villa was a focal point in the park and was well-matched with the immense landscape garden, designed by Repton Humphrey, in a suburban area.



We enjoyed the beautiful spring scene on Grovelands Park; we’ll visit there in autumn.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



5th May 2021

Another lovely park
I am so pleased to see pictures , and read about the parks that you visit .

Tot: 0.212s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1549s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb