The First Leg


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Clapham
September 13th 2010
Published: September 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

At the crack of dawn on a grey and windy morning in Leeds, two compete nutters started the journey of a lifetime. On bicycles. Craig and Will are cycling from Leeds to the summit of Val Thorens in the French Alps, covering well over 1000 miles, in just under a week! Due to the fact that they will mainly be in the middle of nowhere and not have access to the internet, their press officer (they have a press officer and yet no support team!) will be posting updates on this blog daily, to keep you in the loop of where they are, if they're on track, how the moral is within the duo, and how much of their genitalia has fallen off on the way.

Today, they started their journey with an enormous first leg of over 200 miles, from Leeds to London. They set off at 5am, and by 1pm they were almost half way, well into the East Midlands and just past Nottingham. Averaging over 10 miles an hour, they were well on track for getting to London....today. After an afternoon of waging war with rain, wind and evil flying monkeys, they were 150 miles into their journey by 6pm, and excited at the prospect of arriving in London for around 8pm.

With the end (of Leg 1) in sight, they put their heads to the wind, pedaled faster than a fat boy chasing a cake, and stormed the last few miles into London, arriving at their first stop (Alex's house) before he did! One risotto, a thai massage and a happy ending later, and they were snug as bugs in rugs, getting a good nights sleep for tomorrows leg. The boys averaged around 15 miles an hour today, tune in tomorrow to see if they keep it up!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb