London Calling... Don't answer


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Camden Town
March 19th 2006
Published: March 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Paddington StationPaddington StationPaddington Station

Pick a train... Any train
Took another trip into London. Went to a going away party. We were going to be going out so we reserved a room online at a hostile near Paddington Station, called Wake Up London. Reserved a double bed. Got there, and the room was on the 3rd floor. No elevator. Walked up through a maze of corridors to the room.

Bunk beds. Not good. So back down I went to the desk, which is just swarmed with people trying to check in for the weekend. All sorts of languages are flying around. Some happy, some not so happy about their accommidations. Told the 19 year old receptionist the mixup and waited... and waited...and waited. Oh, by the way we were supposed to be at the going away dinner at 7. It's 8 at this point. Plus Katie was waiting for me at the train station with other friends that were going with us. But now there is all this confusion at the desk by everyone. Crazy. Finally get helped. There are no other rooms. Place is fully booked. Then they fiind another room with 2 twin beds. I said fine.
That room number started with a 6. Guess where it
Paddington StationPaddington StationPaddington Station

Which one is ours???
was? Thats right, in the basement. But did they mention that tid bit of info? NO. So back up the stairs I went. All the way to the fourth floor. No more steps. Room six O three and only four floors. Ya. Not good. Walked all over the place and finally found a sign to the 500's rooms. followed that back down another 5 flights of stairs, to the basement. Around some corners and a couple of dead-ends later. Found room 603. In the basement. Went inside...
Bunk beds. ARE YOU KIDDING ME. Plus it was boiling hot.

Back to reception again. Couple dozen people were trying to checkin. Only two people working. Told the receptionist I wanted the first room instead. "Hold On" So I waited again. Lets review, shall we: There is a dinner party somewhere in London going on where people are waiting for us. Katie is at the train station, with friends, waiting for me, and Im at the front desk of our hostile waiting for SOME HELP. God doth have a sense of humor.
Finally got things squared away though. Got the room, met Katie, 2 tube rides, a bus, and a short confusing
LondonLondonLondon

Party On Mates!
walk later, we arrived. 9:45 Fashionably late. Had a great time, and met some good people.
Oh, and we ended up throwing the bunk bed mattresses on the floor and camping out. Room had a nice veiw though, and a sink in it. Bathroom was down the hall though. Only the best.

cheers,
Brown Bloke

PS: Let me know about any problems viewing the blog. Hope this works out better for everyone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

BuddiesBuddies
Buddies

Katie (another Katie) and Tracey
London SkylineLondon Skyline
London Skyline

Good English Weather
Madamme Tusuaids Wax Msm.Madamme Tusuaids Wax Msm.
Madamme Tusuaids Wax Msm.

Green Hulk vs. Brown Bloke
SteakSteak
Steak

Medium Happy Please!
Hulk smashHulk smash
Hulk smash

Look out!


21st March 2006

HA HA
Loved the story. That's what you get for going to England. I love you buddy, Bye!
21st March 2006

Have Fun...
Hey Marcus...cool technology stuff (you are SO high tech). It seems like you are having a real good time. Your blog is very impressive, I'll be an avid follower of your adventures. Christina and Baby Christopher also wanted to say hi and wish you well.
21st March 2006

jealousy
I hate you!!!!!....no not really ....I just wish I was having as much fun as you!!!!! accomodations....is how it is spelled! LC
21st March 2006

Sounds like fun..
Keep sending pics.. Let us know how it's going.. Looks like your having a good time and keeping busy.. Good for you Buddy.. Don't worry, your not missing much here.. Just work, sleep and drink, oh and work.. Live it up while you can.. I havent seen Kevin.. But I've been working with our little Buddy Andre.. I didn't know that a man could bitch more than a woman.. Ha Ha :) But he does make some good points..
22nd March 2006

what I think of all that
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to walk all those steps.
22nd March 2006

what I think of all that
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to walk all those steps WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
22nd March 2006

Love it
Your blogs are bad ass, no wait your bad ass
24th March 2006

hello
marcus .......i want to meet these girlssssssssssssss.......
26th March 2006

????
Hey Buddy I'm guessing Ralphy didn't write that comment. Punctuation and spelling are correct. Kristal? Oh and also complete sentences. BYE! PS I wish I could quit you.

Tot: 0.238s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0606s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb