Botswana Wild Day 26 - Oct 23


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Camden Town
November 14th 2009
Published: November 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Walking the Thames - South Side


What a beautiful day for a walk along the Thames - sunny, warm and lots of people to watch. Kayla was snapping pictures at every turn in the river. This route from Westminister Bridge to Tower Bridge has a wide and very popular river side walkway, much more accessible than the narrow and sometime non existent walkway on North side.

As we were on the south side we got great sun-filled views across the river to "The City" the original town of London with St Paul's Cathedral and the Tower mixed in with dramatic new architecture. On the Southwark side most of the buildings are new and equally dramatic design. East towards Tower Bridge is the new City Hall on a spacious and shiny walkway called the Queens Walk. More westerly towards Westminister we found Borough Market - open to the public on Friday and Saturday and filled with cheese, meat pies and hot-to-go tasty international delights, which we sampled, of course.

Then on past Sir Francis Drake's 16th century around-the-world replica of the Golden Hinde (a Richard must see) and past Shakespeare's Globe Theatre before arriving at the London Eye and across the Thames, the Houses of Parliament, in the sunset.

A great day for all the many London Tourists.




Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Thames SceneryThames Scenery
Thames Scenery

Looking towards Tower Bridge
Anchor PubAnchor Pub
Anchor Pub

One of the pubs listed in the Guide to Pubs of London
Shakespeare's TheatreShakespeare's Theatre
Shakespeare's Theatre

Guests attend this theatre in an outdoor courtyard.


Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb