Caitlyn and I hit London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Camden Town
February 13th 2007
Published: February 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Yeah a friend from home Caitlyn is here and it's great.

We have had lots of fun and very full days.
Yesterday it was Trafalgar square, the west end, oxford circus, covent garden and Notting Hill where we went everywhere looking for a blue door to have our photo in front of and hoping Hugh Grant might come out. We walked along Portabello Market then went back to our hostel for dinner and a lot of laughs with fellow roomates.

Up early this morning to catch the changing of the guards. It was great in the midst of all the pomp and ceremony the brass band in the palace yard started playing a beatles medley. Cool!

After wards wandered past Downing St, The hopuse of parliament and Westminster Abbey, then went on to the London Eye and embankement pier at dusk when all the gorgeous lights were coming on. Love this place!!!

Wednesday:
Started the morning at Camden Lock Market it's gorgeous and has so many nice things if you went there with money it would be dangerous. In the afternoon we went to KensingtonGardens, Hyde Park and Harrods. Harrods is amazing the food hall is very cool with a caviar bar and an gelati bar and about three restaurants in it. The egyptian escalator was gorgeous.

Last night we went on a Jack the ripper walking tour of ·East London, the guide was great! Knew so many stories. We finished our valentines day with a gorgeous curry in Brick Lane, the Bengali precinct it was gorgeous and we were both presented with a red rose after lovely!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.026s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb