Good Morning UK!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Camden Town
August 9th 2006
Published: December 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Snakebite!Snakebite!Snakebite!

what do you get when you mix 1 part beer, 1 part cider and blackcurrant liquior? VERY DRUNK! (oh, and a drink called a Snakebite)
We waved goodbye to the US and boarded our plane for the UK! BUT then we got off the plane again and switched to a new one cos there were mechanical difficulties in the first. Finally landed in London 3hrs later than expected so our planned 3 pound subway ride to the hostel turned into a 50 pound cab ride! Paid a little extra but got a private room and bathroom at the hostel and settled in in the wee hours of the morning.

Woke up and had brekky and moved onto the next hostel. Carried our packs up 4 flights of stairs to our 14 bed room full of punks and did some planning. Bought groceries and packed our stuff away and visited the Camden markets. Stocked up on souvineers and grabbed a beer and a 'snakebite' in a small pub with an Aussie working there!

The next day we had brekky and caught the underground to Buckingham Palace. Skipped the massive ticket line by buying tickets early and took the tour of the palace and gardens.
Bought some hop-on hop-off tickets again and jumped on! Saw Albert Hall, the Royal Courts and the Houses of Parliament (amongst
Buckingham PalaceBuckingham PalaceBuckingham Palace

but the question is... was the Queen there?
other things) before taking a cruise on the Thames and joining a walking tour of creepy stories (read: pub crawl). Had to fight for kitchen space at the hostel but eventually cooked some snags and went to bed.

A fire alarm woke us up the following day at 3am but it turned out to be false and we got to sleep a little longer. Went to the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace (went for AGES) and made full use of our transit day passes by visiting the Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben and other such touristy places.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

the Changing of the Guardthe Changing of the Guard
the Changing of the Guard

mum: "you can take the kids outta the band but you cant take the band outta the kids"
Westminster AbbeyWestminster Abbey
Westminster Abbey

Gosh what a beautiful building!
Big BenBig Ben
Big Ben

I kinda went nuts with these pics... i think i have 20 photos of Big Ben!


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb