The first day of the rest of our lives!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Bloomsbury
November 10th 2009
Published: November 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Merry Olde London

where the journey starts

Once upon a time there was two awesomely awesome people named Courtney and Maggie. On a random whim they decided to go on an adventure to Europe...

Day one:
We both arrived at the airport stupidly pumped for our trip. Although being so so so excited about what was ahead of us, we both managed to cry thanks to the efforts of Kaity. We will miss everyone so much but this trip needs to happen. By the time we arrived in Sydney we had both composed ourselves and the excitement was back!
The flight from Sydney to London was long but fun all the same. Arriving at 6am you'd assume we'd be exhusted and jetlagged, but not these two little black ducks!!!!!! We werent able to check into our hostel until 2pm so decided to ditch our packbacks and go for a wonder.
We caught the underground to Oxford circus headed down regent street (haha monopoly). While wondering we came across our first royal, the princess and the greatest toystore in the world! Needless to say we played around in there for a while before continuing on our journey. Somehow we managed to find ourselves at Buckingham Palace. After saying gday to our new friend Queen Lizzy we wondered on to find two young guards outside prince Charles crib. Those who say that its impossible to make the guards laugh obviously don't realise how funny we are!! OH YEAH, WE MADE THEM LAUGH!!! Happy with our accomplishment we decided to visit the Queens gallery but the visit was cut short as we were kicked out. How where we to know that you weren't allowed to take photos or put tea coseys on your head. Not our fault!!!
Again wondering aimlessly we found the National Gallery. What an amazing building!!! We spent so long there it was almost dinner time when we finally returned to "The Generator". In a room of 10 beds we made friends with everyone in there straight away.
Amy from Sydney - a bit wierd but nice enough, going to France tomorrow
Rhiannon from Brisbane - such an awesome chick, so sad she's heading back home
Ned from Bellarine Peninsula - shut up Ned.... no we love you
Greg from New York - OMG so god damn annoying i hope not all americans are like him!
We all went out for dinner and a drink at the slug and lettuce. Well that was the plan, after walking around for an hour we got macas instead. Had nothing on Aussie macas!!!!
Exhusted we finally went back to our room to bed.

End day one!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

tea coseytea cosey
tea cosey

the reason we got kicked out of the queens gallary


11th November 2009

awesomely awesome people
sounds like you are have a great time already so much in one day keep it up dated mags... talk soon danny and katie xoxox
11th November 2009

WOW you are there!
Great first day girls!!!!! Keep up the good work. Look forward to seeing photos soon. love you both heaps xxxxxx
12th November 2009

day two?
hey girls!!!! Amsterdam????? Day two???? come on....give me all your news. I'm starving here. xxxxxx

Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb