Edit Blog Post
Published: November 10th 2013
Sam and I arrived in London yesterday afternoon - fortunately, the travel was easy and went really smoothly. We didn't really do much yesterday, just found a cute shopping street in Chelsea, walked by Buckingham Palace, and grabbed dinner. Perhaps the most notable thing that happened to us yesterday is that it took both of us about 4 attempts to figure out how to get the power adapter to work (please keep in mind that this is the same adapter I have taken with me on 3 trips now). We blame the wall plug itself, but overall it was an epic failure.
Today - we walked (16.41 miles to be exact)! We saw:
- Buckingham Palace in the daylight (very cool as there was a parade this morning. Kate Middleton made a public appearance, but didn't see her - bummer!)
- Hyde Park
- Kensington Palace (ie, I was in Kate Middleton's house - breathing the same air!)
- Harrods Department Store (I always find it terrifying when department stores don't list prices on their stuff because you just know it is going to be expensive - but very cool shopping experience).
- Piccadilly Circus
Sam and Big Ben
- Trafalgar Square
- Big Ben & Parliament
- had tea/hot chocolate and scones
- went on a ghost walk/history tour
Overall - I'm really liking London. It's easy to get around and find things, plus some great people watching. We are heading to bed in a few - up for tomorrow: Tower of London, St Paul's Cathedral, London Eye/Thames River Cruise, and Phantom of the Opera.
Note: I uploaded 19 pictures today. If you can't see them all - click on one picture and it should open a gallery.
Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0112s; 1; m:saturn w:www (18.104.22.168); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.4mb