Road Bumps and Royal Weddings


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Acton
April 29th 2011
Published: April 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We're back home for a couple of days to sort stuff out before we leave. The flight was delayed from Mallorca, which meant that we missed the connecting easy bus from Gatwick, and didn't make it to Earls Court in time to catch the tube. Claire and I ended up tired, cold, and miserable, hanging out on the street in Earls Court at 2am waiting for a bloody night bus to come and take us home.

We woke this morning with a hundred things to do, only to find an email informing us that our hostel in New York had been closed by the council and our booking was cancelled. Spent most of the morning trying to book somewhere that wasn't going to blow all of our saving in a single week. Finally found somewhere for around £20pp per night, which looks a far cry from the luxury we experienced in Mallorca. Oh well, we're only in NY for a week. Finished packing our stuff to send home, and we're preparing for a semi-leaving do down at the local pub tonight. What else happened.... oh yea, some rich royal got married to a middle class girl. My advice: run away Kate, you're too good for the royal family!!

Advertisement



17th June 2011

accra flights from london
I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article and i am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb