Day 3...


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Greater London » Acton
June 29th 2008
Published: June 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dear Sara Foster-
It is day three and I am already regretting booking hostles for pretty much our ENTIRE trip..
So, everything has been fine for the most part- i was sitting by myself on the plane, our hostle is alright (clean and not terribly located, with internet and free breakfast! ), we've been agreeing on where to go/what to see for the most part... and then yesterday, we went to the Eric Clapton concert (which was AMAZING, but the way, except that Lindsey was complaining the ENTIRE time about her allergies and how she couldn't wait for it to be over so that she could come back to the hostle and take some claritin.. and since i was the one who actually WANTED to go to the concert, she maybe should have known she wasn't going to get any symapthy out of me) and afterwards, we were fucking around with some people that we met there, when one guy and i linked arms and skipped off (like, 30 feet) and then turned around and came back, but when we got back to the group, i felt my pockets to make sure i still had everything and found that my camera wasn't there anymore and so it had somehow fallen out somewhere in those 10 feet.. after sifting through the beer cans for about 20 minutes, we couldn't find it and were being ushered out of the park. SOOO, after being on the continent for 54 hours (less time than Britney Spears's first marriage, mind you), I lost my camera. And, honestly, i'm not THAT upset about it except for that I had 1/2 of Layla recorded on video. And a picture of me and a friend that I made the first night we were here. other than that, I can probably just get copies of the other girls' pictures (that is if we're all still talking by the time we get back).

Anyways.. so i'm here today to write to you because lindsey and carin just got into their first fight and i was given a look-see at what the next 5 weeks of my life are going to be like and, frankly, i'm scared.. in the sarcastic, not actually fearful of anythign way, but in the "if this keeps up, i'm going to have to spend a LOT of time poking around by myself" sense.

what was the fight about you ask? well, we had just gone to see a REALLY well done shakespeare play (which one, i couldn't tell you off the top of my head) in the afternoon and were looking to get "high tea" (as one HAS to do in London), when Lindsey's friend and girlfriend who we had met up with walked with us to a pub taht also served tea, then offered that if no one wanted tea, there was a better pub down the street a little farther. That's when carin said that she wasnt really in the mood for tea and everyone knows that if it's between tea and a beer in the afternoon, 99.7%!o(MISSING)f the time, i'm going to go for a beer (not to mention that everytime i have ever mentioned alcohol, lindsey gets a sour look on her face, as if i'm suggesting that i'm going to get shit faced whenever i get the chance), leavign Lindsey being the only one that wanted tea. SO! we were like "ok, well we might as well just stay here, since they have tea AND beer." Logical, no?

BUT! Lindsey who is known to get her panties in a twist turned to carin and was like "but i thought you wanted tea..." and carin responded saying that she didnt feel like tea at that moment, leaving lindsey to OBVIOUSLY feel uncomfortable and was like "well, if i'm the only one who wants tea..." and went on to say soemthing along the lines that she felt like she was holding teh group back and blah blah blah and was clearly upset at carin for not wanting tea anymroe (god forbid she changes her mind), even though we had decided to stay at that pub because we could get EITHER ONE YOU WANTED.

Anyways.. so you know carin.. althought maybe you dont knwo carin around altenburg when she's being in a mood, but i find it VERY obnoxious and she just wouldn't drop it and was like "i dont understand how this is confusing. why are you so mad? i'm just going to drop it because i cant talk to you when youre in a mood like this" and just kept going on and on and on.. meanwhile, i'm walking in behind her just WILLING her to shut up and ACTUALLY drop it (although i know for a fact taht she NEVER will.. i'm willing to bet she'll bring it up WEEKS from now).

So we sat down at a table outside and it was SO awkward because lindsey's friend and his girlfriend didn't really know what was going on and i was trying to be switzerland and just smooth things over at least until we got back to the hostel and i could just let the two of them go at it and be uninvolved.. but at this place, if you're sitting outside, you have to go inside to order your drink, etc, so lindsey and i went in first and, as part of my switzerland duties, i got tea instead of a beer (which nearly killed me, since British beer is SOOO much better than beer in the states), and then went back out to the table and waited for the otehrs to get back, but when they did, the whole thing was SOO awkward and i just wanted to slap both of them.. they were both being completely indecisive and didn't want to express their opinions, and I've been to london before, so i'd already seen all teh things that were on our list to do today, so i didn't want to make a decision for teh others and.. ugh.

it was such girl drama. i hate that stuff. it's so unnecessary.

so once we left lindsey's friends, we were about to get on the tube, when lindsey was like "i'm not ready to go back yet. i'll meet you guys there later", which was a clear tell off to Carin, who was completely silent and weird the eintire way back and, frankly, lindsey has no sense of direction/where she is/where she wants to go, so i would not trust her to find her way back EVER, except we were literally on the platform, and so if she was just going to sit on the bench there, that would be fine with me, but.. i wasnt about to stop her. if she gets lost, that's her own fault and i, honestly, dont want anything to do with it. i've never met two people who are as directionally challeneged as these two girls.. like Carin said she'd never think to go up the stairs with the "Saint Pancras" sign over it to get to the train station.. she said she'd go down the tunnel next to it that leads to the tube, instead.. i dont know- you kind of had to be there. or not, but still.

blargh.

anyways, i;ve got about 2 minutes left on my internet card, so ive got to wrap this up.
i hope the states are well. feel free to leave a "comment". 😊 miss you, kitten.

Advertisement



30th June 2008

Adventuring
Dearest Lindsay Bell, In reading your third day rant, I believe that I have discovered two mistakes which probably contibuted to the overall annoyance of the experience. If you correct them in the future, i guarantee some improvement, or, in the very least, some entertainment... 1. not punching high maintanence people is the left breast upon complaint at your favorite concert which was taking place in a foreign country. i have discovered that boobage abuse works week. 2. Not getting intentionally belligerent at tea. This would have acted a as distraction, made your afternoon enjoyable, and given Altenburg amo for pretending to be superior. As getting shit faced on vacation is clearly inappropriate and i bet the more that your are the opposite of uptight, the better the chance that someone else spotaneous combustion will ensue. Do keep me posted... I am sure that you are having a better time already! I'm sorry about your camera though. That blows. I hope you're getting another one. i have two more ideas. 1. its far enough in advance that you can cancel some of your reservations. I highly recommend that you pick a time to do this and get out on your own for a few days. This will be 2. Cesky Krumlov. Its all I have to say. This is where you need to go. Its near the czech- austrian border. river town. beer and floating down the river. beautiful bohemia. old town. lots of scenery. DO IT. escape. i bet you'll meet a hottie! in other adventures... its like 90 here. the past few days since your departure have gone about like this. thurs: 21 run. drink. dance the night away with a grin. take puking girl home fri: work in 88 degree humidity hung over and underslept. get stuck in traffic. no time to get ready. frazzled and in bad mood. forget to eat. people come over. too drunk too fast. out too late. sat: run in 90 degree weather hung over and risk death. wedding shower (oh god). great date. up all night in bed with date. no sleep. but lots of making out and what not. sun: breakfast. bike. swim. fly kites. bike. margarita. bike. walk up and down stairs in the heat with a pack. attempt to put together a fan and fail. pass out. today; ugh its monday. i miss you. remember the boobage move. i suggest a greek island lover too.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb