travel day 9: all day in the country by way of London


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Gloucestershire
June 2nd 2006
Published: June 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

today we all went on an all day tour to the cotswolds. we stopped at 3 different villages. 2 were really nice and 1 really was nothing special and not worth stopping at. i did see a hostel there at one of the more famous villages and it was really nice. so far every official hostel international hostel i have seen has been clean, at a good location,and the workers friendly. maybe i should have planned some of my nights there. thing about hostel international is that they kind of cater to a crowd that doest really want people to talk to them lol. I'm looking for friendly people and wants that want to socialize and junk. anyways, the Cotswold region is really nice and definitely worth a day trip and maybe even an extra day but that's about it. not really much to see and do imo. it is just a really pretty area and very relaxing. we also went to the Blenheim palace where Churchill lived. i could have skipped it. once we got dropped off back in London, we walked towards our flat seeing "the hope", a popular pub one block from us. it is totally packed on Fridays after 5 o'clock with professionals from the age of 20-35 i would say. it looks really fun and a good amount of the people wait outside talking to their friends while smoking and drinking beer. my mom keeps saying that i should go over there but whats the point? they all seem older, more mature, and have already established friendships with each other. maybe if i say that i am Jamie from Jamie and the chickenhawks, some people would buy me a beer or two.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb