Lower & Upper Slaughter


Advertisement
Published: March 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We're in town!We're in town!We're in town!

Wish we could have spent a few days here, so much natural beauty.
The two villages of Lower and Upper Slaughter are two of the most picturesque villages in England.

These villages are only just over a mile from Bourton-on-the-Water, they are very secluded and quiet, no shops restaurants or attractions.

The name of Slaughter has no connection with blood but is derived from the old English word Slohtre meaning a wet land or 'slough'.

Spend 30 minutes there and you will begin to feel like an old-timer. These villages are much as they were 200 years ago, and while they are beautiful places to be, there is very little to do.

An alternative is to take your time over these places. Walk along the footpath between the two villages and see the English countryside at its best. There are more kinds of beauty than one can see, but they take time to seep in through the senses.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The River EyeThe River Eye
The River Eye

Lower Slaughter.
On the river in Lower SlaughterOn the river in Lower Slaughter
On the river in Lower Slaughter

The River Eye, meanders through the village.
Cotswold Stone CottageCotswold Stone Cottage
Cotswold Stone Cottage

I want this one.
Cotswold honey colored stone cottageCotswold honey colored stone cottage
Cotswold honey colored stone cottage

The beauty of this village leaves a lasting impression on any visitor.


Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb