Something Missing Here


Advertisement
Published: May 15th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today was not a very fun day. We loaded up the coach in Stratford and drove to Stow-on-Wold. When we arrived at the hostel, I went inside to check things out. After five minutes, I suddenly realized my writing notebooks were missing—doubly not good since I made them by hand before the trip and they had three weeks’ worth of writing. And my first essay, which is due today, is in there, and there’s no way I’m rewriting it. I knew I had them on the coach, so we called the bus company and asked them to search for them. They called back a few minutes later saying they weren’t there.

Well, this was not an ideal state of affairs—losing all of what I had come here to do. John was leading some people out on an optional hike to Burton-on-Water, but seeing as it was pouring rain and I was in a pretty miserable state of mind, I decided not to go. After frantically searching every room in the hostel, I borrowed the group cell phone again to harass the bus driver to look again. He sounded pretty dubious, but I was desperate enough about the whole state of affairs to absolutely insist he look again.

By this time, I was fairly in despair of finding my notebooks. The library was next door, so I popped over to check my email to try to cheer myself up. Luckily, there was an email from George, so that helped a bit. It was Joni’s birthday today, so when I got back to the hostel, I decorated her bed with a bunch of stuff her parents have given me including a rather bizarre Pin-the-Kiss-on-the-Frog game. (How desperate do they think we are?) Following that, I drowned my sorrows in a bunch of Cadbury chocolate and watched Bend it Like Beckham on Sarah Rae’s laptop. That made me feel a little better, but I’m still very anxious to get my journals back.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0272s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb