Caracas and Departure


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Gloucestershire » Gloucester
March 14th 2008
Published: March 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The  Boca, Buenos AiresThe  Boca, Buenos AiresThe Boca, Buenos Aires

The beautiful coloured houses
hello to good old wet and cold england!!!

We're back safe and sound despite the weathers best attempts to stop us!!!!

The bus journey back was not particularly eventful. Only a few stops by venezuelan guards and the colombian border check was straight forward!!! We had a day in Caracas sightseeing and experienced absolutley no problems whatsoever. We ventured on the subway and had a good old walk around! We met a 73 year old Japanese guy who answers to the name of Nobu and shared a taxi to the airport saving us all money and worked out really well. Turns out Nobu has already been travelling about 4 months and has been to South Africa, Europe, UK, Dallas, Miami and Central America. He was heading off to Peru, Chile and Argentina next!!! Go Nobu!!!!! Anyway, for anyone reading this you do not have to pay departure tax at Caracas Airport or at least we didn't. When we finally got through the departure lounge to get on the plane bewarned your hand luggage and you are physically checked before getting on the plane leading to an hours delay for us!!! Ladies and Gents are separated so make sure you have your own passport and boarding card!! Oh the fun of it all!!!

So yep we are back in the uk and starting to plan the next trip. So really we will not have a lot to report just a the moment. Into Waterstones tomorrow to start buying books and reading!!!!

:o)


Additional photos below
Photos: 64, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb