LOVEDAYS IN ESSEX


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex
September 5th 2010
Published: September 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Birth Home of Ron Loveday -Education Minister of SABirth Home of Ron Loveday -Education Minister of SABirth Home of Ron Loveday -Education Minister of SA

Birth Home of Ron Loveday -Education Minister of SA
Went to Boreham where three generations of Lovedays lived. Saw some Loveday gravestones in the Churchyard and John left his wallet in the safe keeping of the church assistant. We had to backtrack and collect it during a baptism service.

Travelled through London to Hammersmith without a problem. Dropped the 'bags' off at the hotel and Geoff and John returned the hire car to Hertz at Marble Arch (central London) HOWEVER they forgot to fill it up with diesel so they went 500 yards up the street to the nearest service station,,,,,, and did not return the car for at least another hour!!!!!!!! They went via Euston and Oxford Street in heavy traffic. John made lots of friends with BMW drivers and had trouble distinguishing between red and green lights.

The problems continued. The Marble Arch tube station closed after they had bought a ticket. They eventually found their way back to the Novotel using BUSES. After four hours Geoff and John are now recovering from the ordeal and are once again talking to one another!!!!!

Niece - Jane Barnett - came to the hotel for a catch up and dinner at the hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb