Jak Kevin Ryan


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex
July 25th 2006
Published: September 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

July 24th
Today it actually feels like I’m on holidays. Still feeling guilty about my over indulgence on Friday night I started a bit of a health kick. I went for a jog and had some fruit salad.

July 25th
I went for a jog again, and then went to the gym. Beck organised some of our flights for later in the year to Scotland and Italy, but our flight home is still a source of frustration. I finished the book Colin lent to me called ‘Suicide Squad’ which is about organised soccer hooligans from Burnley - bit of an eye opener.
In the afternoon we caught the train in to meet Kate at Leicester Square with the plan being to see the Lion King. Unfortunately it was sold out or too expensive, with school holidays being a factor.
We decided to go to the War Museum which we had heard good reports of. We caught the bus and walked to get there. On arrival we only had 40 minutes before it closed, but we were suitably impressed and will probably go back.
From the museum we went back to Kate’s in All Saints where we started to plan our trip for August through France and Spain, and possibly Portugal, Morocco and Ibiza.
For dinner we went to a Vietnamese/Chinese restaurant which was really good. Casey starts a new job tomorrow, while Kate has 17 days left. Just before we headed home Rhino rang with the good news that he and Brooklyn had just had a baby boy, Jak Kevin Ryan (6 lb 14oz). Exciting news, we would love to be at home to share the event, but it was good to hear that everything went well.

July 26th
Colin picked me up this morning to go and play golf at Dunton with him and Kia. It was good fun getting out and having a hit, although the standard of golf disintegrated dramatically over the last few holes, which coincided with a downpour of rain.
The boys from home rang while they were wetting young Jak’s head, and it sounded like they were having a pretty good time!
Beck and Kez went and had a massage and facial for some pampering while we were out at golf.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb