Southend-on-Sea


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Essex » Southend-on-Sea
April 9th 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

the sea, i see the sea..the sea, i see the sea..the sea, i see the sea..

nice, but a bit chilly...
On my first outing outside London we went to Southend-on-Sea,a town in the East of England, with shore to the North Sea, population wise slightly over 160.000 souls . I don't know what's it like on a usual day, but I can only suspect it's a lot quieter. It was Easter Monday and Bank Holiday and there seemed to be a huge bike parade taking place, gathering together a few hundred motorbikes. It was an annual charity motorcycle ride from Ace Cafe, London to Southend seafront and the streets were paked with bikes and bikers sporting leather outfits.

We strolled along the sandy beach enjoying the warm sunny day and then decided to take a train ride which was running from the mainland further into the sea. It gave us the chills as the entire supporting construction was surrounded only by water and we were quite eager to get back to the mainland.




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

sister and boy-friend sister and boy-friend
sister and boy-friend

she's a bit red, as they have been taking on the habit of artificial tanning :)))
crowdedcrowded
crowded

usually a nice quiet town of about 160.000 inhabitants. Today they must have been all out!!!
crowdedcrowded
crowded

usually a nice quiet town of about 160.000 inhabitants. Today they must have been all out!!!
crowdedcrowded
crowded

usually a nice quiet town of about 160.000 inhabitants. Today they must have been all out!!!


Tot: 0.288s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0858s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb