nearly there


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » East Sussex
August 17th 2008
Published: August 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


By way of testing out the system, This is a short entry to do just that.
Right now the house looks less and less like ours, as all our personal belongings are carted off to hibernate in the loft 'til we return. There is just so much 'stuff', and every load I carry to the loft, I chant a soft mantra to do with living a simpler, less cluttered life.......

We leave for the 'World Tour' on thursday 21st august, catching our first train at Hassocks at around 10-10.30am for Victoria. From there to St. Pancras, where we ride the Eurostar to Brussels. After a couple hours wait, we then head for Cologne, and then an overnight ride to warsaw. Leaving Warsaw in the morning(22nd august), we go to Moscow, another overnighter. Arriving in Moscow on the following morning, we have about 12 hours there, before the epic 4 day ride across Kazakhstan to arrive in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. We will probably have lost all affection for train journeys after that marathon, which is just as well, as there aren't any more 'til we get down to southern Pakistan.

After Bishkek it's 'local transport' to Kashgar in Xinjiang province, north west China. From there we pick up a ride down the Karakoram Highway to the Northern Areas of Pakistan, i.e.Gilgit and the Hunza region. From Bishkek onward, we are on The tibetan plateau i.e. pretty high altitude most of the time, and very high altitude over several passes, which hopefully won't be closed by snow when we get there.....

Once we're in Pakistan, and heading for Lahore in the southern part, it will start to warm up and passing through the one exit-entry point between India and Pakistan into punjab, we will have arrived in India and will most likely head south for the winter. However, thats a very long way away and we will fill in the detail as we go. love to you all
all for now




Advertisement



20th August 2008

Jeremy and Angela
wish you both well in this exciting trip. Take care and love from us both
21st August 2008

Keep us posted...
By my reckoning, you should be boarding the train at Hassocks right about.........now. Keep safe and have a wonderful trip. Love you both xxx.
22nd August 2008

Bon Voyage
Dear John and Penny, good luck on the first train legs of your journey. We are following with close interest lots of love Jane and Tony

Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 69; dbt: 0.0914s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb