Time to leave!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » East Sussex » Lewes
October 16th 2008
Published: October 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Well, after all those weeks of planning and raising money to go, the day of departure has finally arrived. The nerves and anxiety of the last few days have subsided and I am really looking forward to the challenge of the next few days. Obviously, it would be good to know and have a clear picture of where we will be staying but the various reports indicate that it will be fine and everyone will be welcoming. The weather forecast looks as though we are in for a typical English summer of cricket weather: considering we are just south of the Equator - 95% chance of rain everyday and thunderstorms too!

We received a very generous donation of 85 cotton playing shirts from a local cricket club earlier in the week and I managed to obtain a large bag from Intersport of Seaford/Lewes to help transport them in. Together with all the other kitbags and cases we should have a large pile to check in at Heathrow later!

I am going over to Southwick now to collect the only other Sussex member of our party, Simon, and then back for the taxi to Heathrow where we will all be meeting up for the flight with Virgin.

I don't know when I will be able to add to this so check back from time to time and see what has happened.

Once again, thank you all for your help and support.

Advertisement



17th October 2008

Bon Voyage!
Very best of luck...have a fab time...

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb