Brighton


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » East Sussex » Brighton
February 16th 2012
Published: March 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After a few hours of train hopping, I made it to Brighton. The buildings were much nicer than Dover and the shops were a lot more interesting.

I walked to the Royal Pavillion first. It was so tacky. Apparently a royla had had a fascination with Asia so he built a palace that was a mixmatch of a bunch of Asian styles. It's so odd sitting in the middle of a bunch of British buildings.

Next was the Brighton Museum. Like the Pavillion, it was a total mixmatch exept instead of architecture it was exhibits. They had ancient Egypt, 20th century art, Brighton history, fashion, and performance costumes. Such an odd collection.

Then I went to the Pier. It was pretty much a carnival; a bunch of rides and fair food crammed onto the wooden pier. You could definitely tell that it was designed in the early 1900's. It was fun though.

The rest of the day was basically me just walking around and sitting on the beach. While there were interesting stores, I could have easily done Brighton in three hours.

They had a Krispey Kreme!! I thought they were just in the South, but no they have it in England. The flavor selection is a bit different though. My Belgium dark chocolate doughnut was delicious.


Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Around TownAround Town
Around Town

even statues are cold in England
Around TownAround Town
Around Town

Queen Victoria


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0448s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb