Let's rock - slowly!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset » Poole
December 14th 2014
Published: December 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Well, here we all are again - ready for new adventures. Your correspondent will attempt to convey the sense of excitement from new escapades in his usual subdued and accurate manner. As devoted readers will remember, these musings are always written without exaggeration, hyperbole and always without the word glockenspiel, although as we could be heading towards Switzerland, this rule may be rewritten.Before I regale you with news of our first weekend of the new era, I feel it is my duty to introduce the two new members of our expedition team. Firstly, there is Claude. Now, Claude is a 7.5 metre, 3.5 tonne motor home, who is going to be the coolest mode of transportation known to Europe. He is going to be the bedrock of calmness and dependability. The other new member of our team is Cusco who comes in at 1.2 metre and 12 kg. Cusco is a black and white bundle of madness called a cocker spaniel. To him, life without chaos is a a life not worth living. Your correspondent is sure that Cusco's misadventures will form a large part of the new chronicles.This time round our adventures will be set in a realm called Europe, which some of you may have heard of - it is the part of the world that UKIP is attempting to close down. We hope to travel to the far sunny south and to the frozen north, with a few bits in between as well. Claude should be thoroughly knackered by the end of it as he will be driving us to every nook and cranny in far flung unpronounceable places several thousand miles away....... with that in mind we went to Lytchett Matravers which is 5 miles from our home !!!! But before you snigger dear readers, there was a purpose to such a nearby location. On Friday we picked up Claude from the dealers and after an hour's instruction (who needs more when you have never driven or lived in a motor home) we were pointed towards the road and with Cusco firmly secured , off we went. Lytchett Matravers had been chosen as it was nearby enough for us to practise pressing all the buttons in Claude, getting to know how he works, have the garage close at hand when we broke him and have a chance to get used to driving him, which Wendy quickly got used to after stalling him twice on the busiest roundabout in Poole !!! At that point dear readers, your devoutly atheist correspondent threw out a short and profanity filled prayer to any passing deity - I think Ullr responded.With no further misadventures, we arrived at the campsite, found our plot, Wendy reversed Claude in to it and we hooked him up to the electrics . This electricity is a wonderful invention as it meant the fridge worked and kept my cider nicely chilled, along with Wendy's beer and a few bottles of celebratory champagne - yes, we were roughing it !!! Although the weather outside had taken a turn for the cold, inside via the power of central heating, Claude was pleasantly cosy and soon we were snugly ensconced , looking forward to our new grand travelling adventure. watch this space ....ps as this was a very quiet weekend getting used to Claude, special thanks must go to Colette and Eddie ( first visitors !!) , Gaye, Alan, Charlton, Alexander, Tony, Sam, Ronnie, Dora and Simon for keeping us happily occupied !!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



14th December 2014

Humor and Intelligence
Wendy, It looks like you're going to have a fun adventure. You've got a great sense of humor, good vocabulary, and a tenacious travel proclivity to go by motor home. I don't think I have read a blog yet wherein someone is traveling via motor home. After seeing some of the narrow streets in Europe, I wish you luck (It must be that your driver is skilled; we here in the U.S. are used to much wider roads). Best, Monique
14th December 2014

Thanks Monique my husband actually writes the blog, he just registered it to me, so I can take no credit, but have passed your comments on! We have both driven the motorhome on our inaugural trip!
14th December 2014

Test
Just seeing how easy it is to add comment.....
14th December 2014

happy holidayings
Glad your first weekend was successful. Hope all your journeys are. Mxx
14th December 2014

On the Road Again?
After your last adventures I'm sure Europe will be a blast. The log as ever is typically you - understated with that nice twist of your wit! Have a safe and enjoyable journey. We'll keep up to date with your Blog as we follow your adventures. A very Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!
14th December 2014
tough life this writing blogs

Stowaways
Any room for some stowaways.....? and John would like a shot at driving...??
14th December 2014
tough life this writing blogs

Stowaways
Any room for some stowaways.....? and John would like a shot at driving...??
14th December 2014

European Oddysey
Looking good - can't wait to catch up with you in summer - wouldn't want the capacious fridge to be under-used! x
15th December 2014

Doing it in style!
Wow, this looks great, very smart. So impressed at you driving this Wendy! Look forward to hearing all about your travels. Hope you enjoyed your first week as a lady of leisure. xx
27th December 2014

Wo.............................................................................................................................................w!
A big wow for a big vehicle. Why bother with bricks, mortar and kennel when you can inhabit such a sophisticated abode. Don't tell Tony or Mr Farage but I think you could make a few bob trafficking a few well-meaning individuals from Calais at some time in the future. See you NYE
10th January 2015

Blinking heck!
Wendy when you said you had a vehicle to live and travel in I did not imagine that! I want one for our trips to the South of France! I can't wait to follow your travels. Travel safe love Sam xxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.473s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb