Day 9


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset » Bournemouth
July 6th 2014
Published: July 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

06/062014 (Mon)

A great sunny day for a trip!

Including our students, there were about 40 students from Spain, Italy, Russia and Ukraine going on the day trip to London. Every student was eager and excited to board the coach that brought us to London in the early morning. London is about 150 km northeast of Bournemouth. It took about 2 hours' drive to arrive at the capital.

After entering central London, the first impression of all of us was that there were many people, many people from different countries to be exact. Since it is the high season for study tours, there are hundreds of groups of foreign students walking around the streets of London, especially at those landmarks and popular sight-seeing points.

Although we had a whole day trip to London, the actual time that we could spend for knowing about the city was only a few hours. So the coach drove us to different famous spots in London and we could have a glimpse of the Parliament House, the London Eye, the London Tower and Tower Bridge first. There was a tour guide arranged for the day trip. He was very professional and told the students information or stories about different spots. After a driving tour around the city, the coach stopped near Trafalgar Square. The tour guide led the whole group from the square to Downing Street, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, and finally to Buckingham Palace. Many students wondered if they could have a chance to see the Queen coming out to the terrace of her palace to greet them.

After the guided tour, the students were given free time to explore the city on their own. They were led to the Piccadilly Circus, a place packed withtourists, so that they could buy souvenirs there.



The coach left London at about 5:30pm and everyone felt satisfied and exhausted. Our students thought that the visit to London was an invaluable experience but it was too short. They all hoped to visit the city again in the future.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb