The smell of burning wood!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Dorset » Bournemouth
September 23rd 2008
Published: September 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

It's one thing deciding to travel it's another funding the trip.
We were looking for something we could do together for the summer ideally while living in our Hymer Camper van.
We responded to an ad, met Tony and Jenny and were soon appointed "campsite wardens"
We worked in the New Forest at the Holmsley campsite.
Gordon the warden spent his time straightening taps so the swans all faced the same way and sniffing the air for illegal campfires.
Sue occupied herself by covering reception in post it notes.
We met and worked with fellow travellers Phil & Gill and Mike & Tracy and will be meeting up with them again further into the blog.
As the money came in we spent it on tickets (thanks Mark) jabs (arms like pin cushions) and visas (why is it so difficult to get into China?) Plus the odd copy of Wanderlust magazine to keep us focussed on the journey ahead.
We finished on 14th September leaving us 2 weeks to finish our preparations, visit everyone and oh yes squeeze in a balloon ride (weather permitting!!) But more about that later.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb