Teignmouth


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon » Teignmouth
June 5th 2010
Published: July 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Photo 12Photo 12Photo 12

train station
Hiya. This is the very first entry I wrote here.

Went on a short trip with my friends after the dreadful exams. It was a quick decision. We, originally, were planned to go to Dawlish Warren, but after doing some research online, we decided to change to Teignmouth.

Both Dawlish Warren and Teignmouth are just right below Exeter - the place we study. It takes about 25 minutes from Exeter to Teignmouth by train. The train ticket is unexpectedly cheap, with our young person railcard, costs about 2.5 pounds for round way.

Teignmouth is a very small place (town?) where the coastline is located. Its easy to get to the beach from the train station. People are friendly (except the waitress in the restaurant). The beach is impressive too, with nice weather and ideal temperature, we were so lucky. We went to the Grand Piers which has been there since 1865. The place is small, we took about 1 hour to walk around the place. My friends decided to go to the tourist information centre to get more information. The staffs are friendly and recommended us to go somewhere near Teignmouth. But, regrettably, we dont have a car
Photo 2Photo 2Photo 2

Way to the beach.
and it was quite inconvenient for us to get to other places since we bought the ticket left from Teignmouth back to Exeter. So we decided to have a seafood lunch and a stroll along the beach afterward.

The staff in the information centre recommended us to a seafood restaurant, but, sadly, after we found the correct way to get there, the waitress told us that they dont provide seafood meals until 6 p.m. We walked back the town centre and decided to have our lunch in a British-pub look-alike. The waitress was so rude. Her attitude was fully offensive to me. 5 of us ordered 4 dishes. I think its completely fine to share meals, its not something to do with the money matter, its more about the waste problem. But the waitress acts utterly rude when we asked for an extra plate, with her disdainful look, which very much pissed me off. P.S. the food tasted like crap, worse than the REFRESH in Exeter uni.

It was still early after we finished the lunch, we decided to split into groups. Friend of mine and I aimlessly wandering around the place. In spite of the seagulls attacks, it was very enjoyable to walk under the not-too-shiny-sun and the sea breeze with sand taste. Teignmouth is not a place make you feel stunned, but it impressed me a lot by its calmness.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Photo 9Photo 9
Photo 9

building around the beach.


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0575s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb