Here we go again


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Devon » Dartmoor
January 1st 2012
Published: January 1st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our first blog, but hopefully the start of many!

Arrived in the Dartmoor national park on friday 30th dec 2011. Woodland springs 'adult only' touring park. The kids said it would be a 'keys in the pot' experience, but so far so good! A really quiet site, nice natural surroundings with a massive award winning shower block! bizarre. The owners are into recycling in a big way which is ok if you have the space to keep the waste separate. In a caravan it's a problem unless you constantly visit the bins.

The weather isn't good in fact its just like our scottish trip - raining every day. Went to bellever forest new years eve and had a wonderful although wet walk with kelly and lily in the forest. Kelly generally stays close to us but lily is constantly dashing around after all the invisible animal scents, venturing deep into the undergrowth. So brave considering she is frightened of plastic carrier bags and at times her own shaddow! Upon our return to the site we received an invite to New Year drinks hosted by the site owners Jan and Chris, an outdoor affair with mulled wine and cava. It turned out to be quite an enjoyable occasion despite our fears.

New Years day. once again it's raining. Trip to Teignmouth, stopping numerous times at garden centres trying to find a stone otter to decorate Norma and Petes water feature. sadly none located. Thought Teignmouth grotty especially in the rain, could'nt walk on beach as the tide was in. Eventually found a wonderful place to walk in the Stover country park. Again kelly and lily got black and filthy - but thoroughly enjoyable. May be the sun will shine tomorrow!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb