Peak District - Christmas 2012


Advertisement
Published: August 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

With a new puppy addition to the family this year and the first Christmas Martin and I would be on our own and not overseas travelling somewhere, we decided to head somewhere fairly close for Christmas this year. Luckily we had our furrbabies for company - !! The end result was a cottage in the Peak District, somewhere we’d wanted to see for a while.

So, dogs and Christmas treats in the car, off we headed the Friday before Christmas. It was somewhat surreal being on our own for Christmas for the first time, but a lovely holiday none the less… every day was pretty much the same… exploring all over the countryside on walks with Oslo and Sabie, (introducing Sabie to sheep!), catching up on sleep and DVDs in front of the roaring fire, over indulging in Christmas treats and a good number of pots of mulled wine / mulled cider, and the odd visit into a nearby village including Bakewell where, of course, we had to get a Bakewell Tart. We weren’t, unfortunately, treated to a White Christmas and the weather was somewhat grey, but the views from the very cute little cottage were pretty nonetheless – stretching across the green countryside for miles.



It was a good break away for sure!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb