Onto Derbyshire....then home!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Derbyshire » Ilkeston
September 9th 2010
Published: September 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well....got back to Aunt Sandra and Uncle Alans place in Ilkeston about 6pm...and straight inside for a cuppa tea and a shower!
Sandra and Alan have gone caravaning to france for the last 2 weeks, and they are due back sunday...
Just had an early night tonight because the old knees are feeling the weight of the backpack!

Friday 10th.
Had a bit of a sleep in this morning, then up for a cold shower and a cuppa tea before walking into Ilkeston and getting the bus into Nottinghma. Had lunch at this chinese buffet restaurant (only $10!) and ate waaaay too much!
Had another walk around the city (mainly to walk off the lunch) then heading back to Ilson (as the locals call it) for another cuppa tea and a sit down before heading "uptown" to meet my cousin Kel and the pub called t
The 3 Horseshoes for a few quiet ones (not!).
Had to do the local thing on the way home so dropped in at the chippy for a serve of chips and a cup of curry sauce to dip them in....always good fun at 1am for the walk home in the rain!

Saturday 11th
Off into Derby today (pronounced Darby!) for a bite to eat and a walk around as well...
There was a football match on at Pride Park (the football ground, not a gay meeting place) so traffic
on the motorway was a bit busy...couldnt even get down the normal bus lane so the driver dropped us all off at the bridge into town...and walked in quicker than he drove in!
Got a text from Monika and she said only 2 sleeps to go...i thought it was 2 and i was flying home on tuesday but on checking the tickets realised i was flying home on the monday....D'oh!
(Thanks Moni! X)
Got back home at 7pm and just relaxed....all the usual suspect where still suffering from the friday night outing so all the lads stayed home! sheesh!


Sunday 12th
Just spent the day visiting today...walked up into Ilkeston to buy a bigger carry bag to bring all the junk i have collected over the last 2 months home....bought a few unexpected things that require it!
Hope im not over weight!
Went to Daz's for lunch with Kel before bussing it back into Derby and being picked up by Sue and
The Walkabout ....The Walkabout ....The Walkabout ....

....a 'genuine' Aussie bar...

going back to there new place for dinner and a game of American Football with Mike, Mikey, Eliza and Tim...
...i think my team won but it was just worth it running into Mikey and knocking him over...
Sue dropped me off at Sandra and Alans who where back from their France trip so we just had a chat for a while....

Monday 13th..
Well, it my last day of my trip before i head home....sad in some ways and glad in others.....
Up and packed my bags (which weighed in at 29kg, only 1 kg under the limit) and got ready for the trip into Nottingham to catch my bus to Heathrow...
Lesley came around for a cuppa and a farewell chat, then it was bags into the back of
Alans car and a quick stop at Aunty Irenes to say seeya to her and my cousin Paula, before stopping and picking up Morris for the drive to Broadmarsh Shopping Centre in Nottingham where the National Express bus leaves from....
A quick hug and seeya to the lads before jumping on the bus for the 4 hour drive to the airport...
Got there 30 minutes late because of
Iron Gate...Iron Gate...Iron Gate...

...and Derby Cathedral.
the carpark they call the M1, but still had 4 hours to kill before my flight, so i put my bags through and spent the time just walking around the duty free area checking out all the stuff i couldnt afford!
The first part of the Flight to Dubai was uneventfull...was 7 hours so just watched The A-Team and Karate Kid becausei couldnt sleep....then it was a 2 hour wait at Dubai Airport before back on the plane for the 10 and a half hour flight home...
There was a 30 minute delay because one of the baggage containers came loose on the tarmac then it was up up and away!
Watched a couple more movies (including Robin Hood...just been there and done that!) and had a meal and then managed about 3 hours sleep....the flight was pretty smooth as well as the landing at Perth Airport....
...and customs waived me straight through! unbelievable...! I was expecting the usual rubber glove treatment! ...and i was first out the door in arrivals!
Moni picked me up in her new BMW (oo-la-la!) and it was home to unpack some gear before a lovely hot shower and into my own bed for the
The canals...The canals...The canals...

...at the back of Alans..
first time in 2 months......luxury!
Tried to get up at 10am the next day but jet lag dictated i didnt get up until nearly 2pm!

...but had a great time on my trip, and would love to thank all of the great folk i met and stayed with and did all the great things for me and made this walkabout so memorable...and i hope to see you all in my little corner of the world one day soon!

...so signing off for now and get into planning the next adventure!

Pauli
:-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

the lock...the lock...
the lock...

...on the canal.
Dubai Airport...Dubai Airport...
Dubai Airport...

...on the tarmac waiting for the baggage container to be sorted.


Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0255s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb