The longest cul-de-sac in England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria » Lake District
June 30th 2007
Published: September 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The next to visit were Mum and Dad, who came to see all 3 of us kids, and to travel around Spain, Portugal and Morocco. The weather was a bit lousy so we did plenty of driving around checking out the scenic Lakes District. For you kiwis reading, I think it is quite similar to the area around Wanaka in places.

We visited a castle in Ambleside (where Beatrix Potter the author used to spend holidays as a kid), the Hoad monument in Ulverston, Lake Windermere and the area around Newby Bridge.

Another afternoon we took time out from watching Wimbledon on the TV (my mum is addicted to watching tennis) to go to the Barrow dock museum. If you don’t know Barrow has a large shipyard and a company called BAE systems which make the latest submarines and warships and employs up to 4000 people. You would think that the videos shown at the Museum would try and put Barrow in a good light, yet one featured people calling it a dump and the longest cul-de-sac in England. Think the marketing team needs a new strategy!



Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Ash treeAsh tree
Ash tree

The no smoking in bars law has recently come in in England.


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb