Gingerbread Lake


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cumbria » Ambleside
August 12th 2006
Published: August 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I didn't know what to expect upon entering the Lake district but I was pleasantly suprised. The rolling hills, the beautiful lakes, and the abundant source of earthy, hiking boot travellers. It was wonderful to spend a few days with Karen from Melbourne and a couple of odd things worth mentioning happened on our hikes. 1. When we were a bit lost we came across a lonesome hiker who we asked, "Did you hike from Grasmere?" (which is the nearest town we were trying to arrive at) He replied, " No, I'm American." We had to laugh later at such an oblivious answer...poor guy. 2. When approaching a goat on our path the creature stopped, looked at us, then lifted up his leg and tried to spray us with his pee....cheeky little thing. 3. Farther along the path we came to some freshly eaten goat bones....the meat was still red! This was a little unsettling and you can only imagine what creature our minds were imagining could have done this. Although to our great fortune we didn't come across any bohemith monsters the rest of the way. The views were wonderful and the home made gingerbread upon our arrival in Grasmere was absolutely delightful.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb