Cornwall


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Cornwall » Truro
October 1st 2017
Published: October 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Up early to talk to the girls, then breakfast. Today was our last breakfast in Bath, so we enjoyed it. I had pancakes with fruit and yoghurt and Peter had scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. We packed the cases and put them in the car. The drive was going to take about 4 hours, and the weather forecast in Cornwall was for rain, so we decided not to stop to sightsee on our way. As we drove the weather deteriorated. There were a few spots where there were hold ups, but we didn't get lost (too much). On our way we stopped for a cup of coffee at a huge services area. There was a petrol station area, and below that a huge car park and a warehouse structure. Inside was a Costa, Cornish pastry company, an indian food shop, Greggs- sandwiches- , marks and spencers food and about 6 other food shops we didn't know. We went to Costa and had coffee and kept going. By about 1.15 we had arrived in Truro. Our next mission was to find somewhere we could park the car- at a reasonable price- and do some shopping for the next three days (because we are self-catering). We found the long term car park, but the machine kept rejecting the coins we put in. Peter then found that Tesco backed on to the end of the long term carpark, with its own carpark. If you shopped in the supermarket you got a voucher for 2 hours free parking. We found that there was a Costa inside as well, so we were able to get lunch. By the time we had done the shopping, we could go to the Gamekeepers cottage, where we were staying. It was meant to be about 6 minutes from the centre of Truro. We just had to find the right road. The owners of the cottage had sent directions. They also warned that the gps wouldn't cope! We had a couple of false starts, but soon found the right road and followed the directions. The cottage was in its own little garden. The owners had left the door unlocked and the keys inside. It is lovely. A bedroom, a bathroom and a sitting room and kitchen in the little house, and outside a shed with a washing machine and dryer. The owners came and introduced themselves, and made sure we had everything we needed. Then we went back into Truro to go to Evensong.(Yes, Evensong again! I am enjoying listening to the different versions of the Magnificat and Nunc Dimitis, as well as the responses -all composed by different people.) Having spent most of the day in the car, we walked around the local area when Evensong was finished. We are close to a river, with mudflats that were exposed at the time we walked, but think that they are probably tidal, so next time we walk, they may be covered in water. Because of the weather they track was very muddy, so we spent time dodging the mud. Dinner when we got back. Indian from Tesco - nice and spicy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb