Olivia's first trip to Great Brits


Advertisement
Published: November 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi Family and Friends

Still slightly jet lagged after arriving home two days ago, but wanted to share some photos from our UK trip with you. We had a super time. Olivia got to meet her Great Grandmother Mollie (who turned 89 while we were there), her Nana Linda, see her Gransha Hu again, and also meet my extended family of Aunts, Uncles and cousins - what a trip for her!

She also saw snow for the first time (quite a treat and the first time it has snowed in England in October since 1934!) and she also met a horse for the frst time (and fell in love). Other milestones on our trip included her first tooth, standing up by herself holding onto a stool, saying 'Baba', then 'Gaga', and then 'Dada'. Couldn't convince her to say 'Mama' yet but I am working on it. Unfortunately her Daddy wasn't around to witness it all, but she has been showing off nicely ever since we got home.

Apart from stays at Granny's cottage in Lacey Green and Newport in South Wales, we also took Olivia through to London to see where Mummy and Daddy met in Putney and to visit my friend Joy and her family. While we were there we had a get together with friends Marc and Shelley (congrats on the recent arrival this weekend of your little man Kye), Rebecca, Belinda, and Robin. Was lovely to see you all too.

Here are some of my favourite pics (51 in total) from the holiday - mostly of little madam of course. Now we look forward to our SA family trip in five weeks time. Fortunately (though I didn't get any sleep), Olivia is very well-behaved on the plane.

lots of love,
Caroline x









Additional photos below
Photos: 51, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0994s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb