Car Booty


Advertisement
Published: July 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Car BootyCar BootyCar Booty

The 5.30am start and general lack of customers was starting to get on Matts nerves, at least its not raining at this point!!!
Thought we would report on our Car Boot sale in order to raise further travel funds and clear out some of the thousands of books, CDs and DVDs we had filling up Chris Parrys garage.
The day began at 5.30am with some of the previous days excitement waining, the car had been filled to the brim the day before so straight to MK bowl to arrive at 6am and set up in the rain with dealers hovering
"Got any Jewlery, sweetheart???" "er no, how about a Storm watch that doesnt work?" although a request for CDs was met with a first sale of 8 quid for 7 CDs, were off!!!
The rain continued in its finest form, but our spirits were lifted by £15 for a power shower (still boxed) and £20 for a chair on the basis we delivered later that day. Our clothes rail was attacked from all angles with half of eastern europe refusing to pay the £1 price tag for most items after trying stuff on like they were shopping in Burtons, although some lucky punter managed to pull out the 3 Diesel items and get away only paying £7.
Further highlights included a crazy hard house
Carlas new back packCarlas new back packCarlas new back pack

Its as big as me!!!
DJ buying 4 records and a take that CD, some pissed up bloke telling me he owned all my videos except resovoir dogs which had been on the telly the other night, an african fella paying 50p for a tie which he then put straight on and then got his friend to buy a belt which he tried on only to find out it almost went round him twice!!!!
we think the general intelligence level of the punters was reflected in the sale of only 5 books, but we perservered until 11.45am and gave up with a healthey profit of £158 english pounds which was duly spent on a back pack for carla and a well earnt bottle of wine....cheers!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

His N HersHis N Hers
His N Hers

We have to squeeze all into 120 litres, the hair dryer and straightners will have to stay behind!!!


Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb