Bristol Family Gathering


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Bristol County » Bristol
June 29th 2015
Published: July 11th 2015
Edit Blog Post

It's been a while since we blogged, but now we have reliable Internet access we're back. We also had some photo issues that mean some of these posts will be out of order.

After returning to England from France we stopped off in Bath and Bristol for a few days. We spent a morning looking around the Roman Baths. We have half a million photos of this but will only post a few.

In the afternoon we drove to Bristol and visited Simon's cousin Ruth for a while. It was great timing as Darren had just started renovating the living room.

We then went on to Auntie Sharon and Uncle Clive's house for a big Bristol family gathering. There are too many of us to fit around the table now, so we spilled out into the garden. Sharon and Ruth had covered the table with a delicious feast, which all four generations, associated cousins and others ate our way through. Samantha distracted the under-fives by holding court under the dining table.

Sharon and Clive were in fine form. They showed us their MBE medals and certificates - lovely to see the photos of them meeting the Queen. It's great that they are continuing their work when others would have retired long ago. Fostering isn't easy.

We didn't really have enough time in Bristol to talk to everyone and do the place justice. The next morning we were given a quick tour of some shops that we needed by Ruth. She also found us a Costa that made a double Short Black that inexplicably came in a massive cup and tasted quite nice.

Then, we were off on the long drive to Northern Wales.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb