Our final entry


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Bristol County » Bristol
July 4th 2006
Published: July 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So, the sharp eyed amongst you will have noticed the location for this particular blog. Then again i'm sure the title might give it away. Well, after six months, ten countries, thousands of miles and more hotel rooms than you could shake a Lonely Planet recommendation at we have arrived back in the UK. Actually, we got back about a week ago and since then have been trying to look around and stop saying 'wow, we're back.....'

Its very, very strange being back. In one way it feels like we never left, at least most things are as we left them (England being rubbish at football for one). On the other hand loads is different. Somethings, like the great weather, or our friends Mark and Lucys new baby son are fantastic new things to come back to. Others, like petrol being nearly a quid a litre or the distinct lack of job/house.....well they maybe arent so great. I guess the big question remains, though, was it all worth it?

Yeah, got to say it was, every moment of it. There were good bits and tough bits, easy days and hard days, but overall it was an amazing experience and one i'd recommend to anyone (once :-)

So now we are back, the blogs will finish. Thanks loads for reading them, and i hope you enjoyed a few of them. We loved all your comments and messages, it always made us feel that little closer to home. Now we are homeless and destitute we are obviously looking for invites to dinner and drinks to see everyone again, and we promise that the earlier you get the invite in, the less of the 3,750 photos we have that we will bring around!

Love to you all, and hope to see you all very soon

Dave & Jo x



Advertisement



14th July 2006

Welcome Home!
Hi Dave and Jo Been reading your enteries and will miss them! Welcome home, hasn't the time just flown as can't beleive you are back already! Look forward to catching up sometime in the near future. Cheers

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0389s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb