Nearly Ready to Go


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Bristol County » Bristol
February 15th 2012
Published: February 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

GETTING READY TO GO, BRISTOL, UK. Wednesday 15th February, 2012.

We have got our visas for India, have booked six nights accommodation in Malaysia and hired a car. M is too fat to fit in most of her posh clothes and burned a few calories taking all the 'too small' stuff to the charity shop. Still waiting for the itinerary for Inda and are in negotiations about our Bagan trip in Myanmar. Looks like an overnight sleeper train - that will be an experience! Hopefully everything will be in place before we leave next Tuesday. M's uncle Les is taking us to the airport. We will leave Bristol on Saturday 18th Feb and visit D's daughters Jenny and Lucy and grandchildren Larry and Georgina. Then we will go and see D's dad and sister before ending up in Southend with M's family.

NEARLY READY TO GO, BRISTOL, UK. Friday 17th February, 2012.

I tried to get my dad to log on to the first travel blog this morning to check that it worked. I am not sure if this was successful or not (and neither is he!). D did the last of the shopping - got the NeetDeet Insect repellant from the Nomad store in Park Street. Have now booked a return flight (so we are coming back). We return from New Delhi via Moscow on the 11th April. Got the final price and Itinerary for Inda this morning. Looks like we are going on the sleeper train in Myanmar and Judy is going to get us some packed lunches (in cork boxes) for the journey.

THE DAY BEFORE DEPARTURE, SOUTHEND ON SEA, ESSEX, UK. Tuesday 22nd February, 2012.

This morning M and D went to get $US 1000 (unmarked and not torn) to pay for our trip in Myanmar. M has been doing some last minute shopping with her neice Millie in Southend town centre. They have purchased flip flops, sun hats and new makeup. Cases are packed and all electrical appliances charged up. Now need to get a hair cut and we are all set. Spent yesterday booking the remaining hotels and the train tickets from KL to Singapore.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb