3 weeks to go! Thailand beware!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Bristol County » Bristol
December 13th 2005
Published: December 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well this is my first entry, with just over three weeks till we fly to sunny Bangkok. Firstly I explain where were going, who i'm going with and what stuff we've had to do to sort it all out.

Our trip consists of 7 flights in total spread over at least 6 months, they are as follows:
UK to Thailand to Cairns (to Sydney by land) to Auckland (to Christchurch by land) to Figi to LA to Newyork to UK and thats about it!

Theres three of us going in total one good looking one (me) and two ugly bastards (Pearce and Court), in truth were not really the traveling type, more pub and club men, but we'll give it our best shot! Pearce was a insurance man, not really sure what he actually did, nothing probably, and Court is an Electician, and me, we'll thats not really important. One thing we do have in commoon is that we all share three common interests, Beer, Football and Women, but not necessarily in that order. In fact the order often chops and changes depending on the time of year, for example when the football season is finished women will probably take the front seat, however if a women has just pissed you off then she well be renigated to the back seat whilst the beer will step into pole position. But enough about that.

In terms of organisation, in truth there was very little, we only booked our flights about to weeks ago and rather than going through the stress of saving up money we thoughts loans would be far easier, if not a little depremental to our future finanicial security but who cares about that! When it comes to packing i don't think were doing much better, just hoping that all the presents we get for christmas represent everything a pisshead traveller could need. One peice of advice i would offer to anyone considering going travelling is to plan a good 6 months in advance, though that does have disadvantages by the fact that you've got to wait so long before you actually go!

Anyway that about somes up my intruduction to the start of our trip and i will be giving regular updates as our trip progresses. Be warned however that the contents of future pages may be some what fruitier than this one so i will give it a future rating of 18+! So all thats left to say is Bangkok here we come, i hope the bars are stocked and the illegal cable showing premiership games is plugged in as well as other unmentionables! next update when we hit Bangkok!


The Wolf


Advertisement



Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb