Sarah's Swimathon


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Bristol County » Bristol
January 29th 2008
Published: January 31st 2008
Edit Blog Post

The GangThe GangThe Gang

We did it!

Sarah’s Swim-a-thon - Tuesday 29th January 2008



The Team:



Ben (BG) - Ben swam in a very fetching pair of orange cords and a porn star stylee Chinese dragon motif shirt.. Accessorised by a manly hairy chest, he powered through his 40 lengths!
He completed 40 lengths (1km) - all fully clothed!
Monies raised: £165 and counting..
(http://www.justgiving.com/bengrantham)

Ian (Trev) - He put his profession through the wash by dressing up as a teacher in shirt trousers and tie. Even donning a sparkly cowboy hat towards the end of his swim for extra authenticity! (The lifeguards refused to allow him to take coffee breaks in the pool, during the swim!)
He completed 40 lengths (1km) - all fully clothed!
Monies raised: £85 and counting..

Mike (Walker) - Going for maximum physical punishment, Mike swam the furthest distance of the team, one whole mile! Wearing shorts and goose fat to keep him warm, he swam like a dart! He managed 64 lengths in a very decent time, suffering extreme cramp in both feet between lengths 50-64!
Monies raised: £131 and counting..

Rachel - Rachel doesn’t actually remember the last time she went swimming, but thinks
BGBGBG

More porn star than pool star!
it was when she was at school. So her very brave decision to wear a full cowgirl outfit complete with holsters, shorts, shirt and hat was very ambitious!!! He doggy paddle was also very stylish!
She completed 32 (800m) of her 40 pledged lengths, but that was only because the pool had to close!!!
Monies jointly raised with Rich: £190 and counting..
(http://www.justgiving.com/rachelhammond1)

Rich - Rich pondered his large fancy dress costume collection for a long time before deciding on Darth Vader instead of Bananaman! The Darth Vader mask caused its own problems, fogging up during the swim and his cape definitely affected his speed! He suffered cramp in lap 38 and spent a considerable amount of time treading water while it went away!
He completed 40 lengths (1km) - all fully costumed!
Monies jointly raised with Rich: £150 and counting..
(http://www.justgiving.com/rachelhammond1)

Sarah - Costumes changes included full pyjamas, snorkel & mask, a pink sparkly cowboy hat and finally wearing a builders helmet while shouting ‘I wish I was born Welsh’ (No prizes for guessing who sponsored me to do that!)
I completed 30 lengths - 15 in costume!
Monies raised: £190 and counting..
(http://www.justgiving.com/sarahhardwicke)

Seth -
Sarah, Rich, TrevSarah, Rich, TrevSarah, Rich, Trev

Looking good!
Seth’s unique approach to fundraising proved very fruitful. He offered people the chance to sponsor him £10 to swim in a Borat thong & sunglasses with photographic evidence and £20 without the photo, hee hee!
He completed approx 5 lengths before his thong became so see-through and baggy that he was asked to leave the pool!
Monies raised: £165 and counting..
(http://www.justgiving.com/swimforthefences)

Total amount raised: £925++ and counting!!!!

The money is going to Wallace and Gromits Grand appeal (http://www.grandappeal.org.uk/pages/welcome.html), which raises money for the Bristol Childrens Hospital..


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

WalkerWalker
Walker

Bloody knackered!
SethSeth
Seth

Too much information?!?
Rach and RichRach and Rich
Rach and Rich

Darth and cowgirl, what a lovely couple!
SarahSarah
Sarah

This ones for you Jolie!
Oh dearOh dear
Oh dear

The money shot...


Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb