Welcome to BRISTOL!!!


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Bristol County » Bristol
September 11th 2007
Published: September 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bristol 1Bristol 1Bristol 1

Mike and his fuzz
We cleverly managed to organise our flight into Bristol on September 11th BUT we got there safely 😊

Collected our hire bus (we actually didn't book a hire bus, we got 'upgraded' from what was supposed to be a mondeo to a fuel guzzling 7 person people mover), it took a little while for me (thats Bing) to work out the highly confusing 'handbrake' which looked like something much more suited to an aircraft and than a bus!! I had absolutely no assistance or sympathy from Rich either after his terrifying Croatian driving experience! So off we headed to mums where she proceeded to show Rich all of my most embarrasing photos from when my hair resembled something out of a Tina Turner concert.... had some english tea in the garden before bundling mum into our bus.

Next on the bus route was Mike and Kirsty's newly renovated cottage where they had organised tea and scones in their garden 😊 Great to finally meet Kirsty as heard a lot about her and Mikes hair is completely outta control - photo evidence below!!

So we bundled Mike and Kirsty also into our bus and headed out for dinner with
Bristol 2Bristol 2Bristol 2

Hi MUM!
friends (Rod & Laura, Chris and Jodie, Mike & Kirsty, mum and us) to a place with the most amazing hand dryers in the world but that is another story and one for Rich to tell as he seemed to have quite a facination with them (and probably a video clip tucked away somewhere!). Great to catch up with everyone and can't wait to see you all again at the wedding.

So the bus driver delivered us back to our accommodation (the newly renovated cottage) where Mikes kitchen was transformed into a poker room - literally. So it began, the poker, the drinking and me eating dairylea on toast (coz I miss it in NZ) until 2am. Yes, thanks for the hangover Mike and Kirsty - I am sure I would have been just fine until you pulled out the Jack Daniels and Coke.... thanks for a fun night.

You will also notice that Rich's moustache has gone AWOL.... after a few heated discussions and a threat of divorce it has temporarily gone into hiding until Santorini. I am allergic to facial hair and didn't really want to introduce a german to my family - I am allergic to Germans also.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Bristol 4Bristol 4
Bristol 4

The friend table
Bristol 5Bristol 5
Bristol 5

Chris and Jodie
Bristol 6Bristol 6
Bristol 6

Mike & Kirsty
Bristol 7Bristol 7
Bristol 7

Rod & Laura


13th September 2007

Bristol
Bobe, could you get hair like Mike's if you let it grow? Just think what you could achieve if you then combined that with a German-style moustache. Can we see a photo of the bus please.
14th September 2007

The major sporting event of the year is underway!
Would you believe, we stupidly and embarassingly (I blame mysky, cos I'm sure I set it up) missed our first game, NZ/Kenya, it was a slaughtering anyway but it would have been good to see us get there in 6 overs! Next up, Sri Lanka tomorrow night, should be good fun. It starts at midnight so we'll watch Sunday morning. Meanwhile Aus/Eng play today and if Eng win, Aus are knocked out, having lost to Zim. No doubt about that. You might be able to catch it over there? Oh yeah, and there's some rugby on too.

Tot: 0.382s; Tpl: 0.039s; cc: 15; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0706s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb