Jolly Ole England


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Berkshire » Windsor
June 17th 2010
Published: July 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 51.48, -0.605995

We arrived in England after a very long flight from Sydney. It was 8 hours from Sydney to Singapore and then another 13 hours from there to London. We were quite happy to get off that plane. We picked up our rental a car and it was off to Windsor Castle. Windsor Castle is the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world. We really enjoyed our tour of the castle. It was interesting to see the state rooms, St.George's Chapel and the lovely grounds. The Queen was in residence while we were there, as it was Ascot Weekend. Ascot is the famous horserace. It is a very prestigious event. We saw lots of people dressed in their best finery for the event.
Later that day we visited Winchester which is a lovely country town in South East England. We checked out the beautiful Winchester Cathedral. It is noted to have the longest nave of all cathedrals in Europe. We enjoyed driving along the windy country roads and seeing all the quaint village towns. We stayed out in the countryside at amazing old country estate house called Lainston. It was a beautiful old building with lovely grounds.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb