Zermatt, Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Zermatt
October 13th 2009
Published: October 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It was snowing really heavily in the village yesterday which was the coolest thing ever, i felt like a three year old kid when you first see snow. But today it has completely cleared up. The Matterhorn is closed because of the strong winds on the the peak, around 46kph. So because of the visibilty I went hiking with two other Australians (Matt and Andrew), also staying at the Matterhorn Hostel. We climbed to the top of Dufourspitze which is 4634 metres above sea level. It gave a 360 degree view of the Alps and the Matterhorn and across the boarder to the Italian Alps. That was honestly the most amaxing thing i have ever seen in my life. Hands down i have never been so amazed. Also, just for you dad, these two guys brought an aussie rules ball all the way from Australia. Thats keen! You should have seen the looks people gave us. O yeah and the supermarket sells VB. Five dollars Australian haha biggest rip! So worth it after that massive treck though!

ps. Some trivia for you.. the Matterhorn is Switzerlands most recognisable feature with snow all and boarding year round. It is also the mountain in which Toblerone was modelled off. So there you go, learn something new everyday.

Advertisement



14th October 2009

Wow!
Sounds awesome Dylan!!!! Glad that you are experiencing some of the amazing countryside xxxx

Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb