Switzerland


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Lauterbrunnen
August 27th 2007
Published: September 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

SNOW FIGHTS, DELIRIOUS LAUGHTER & ONE HELL OF A GOOD NIGHT!! I call ze polize!!

I loved Switzerland, had so much fun!! We arrived in Lauterbrunnen after a very long day of travel, I think we’d been driving for around 12 hours, so everyone was starting to go slightly mad and really ready for a drink. We settled into our little cabins whilst being totally blown away by the scenery, our campsite was right at the base of the Alps, we sat and ate dinner thinking about how lucky we were. I think Switzerland is the one place where it doesn’t matter how bad a photographer you are it is impossible to take a bad photo, unless of course it’s of yourself… LOL!

After dinner it was straight into the bar, the local beer was very strong, something I didn’t realize until around 3 in the morning when I was a little ill, maybe it was the tequila? The gappies were in town aswell, bar was pumping, good night had by all. One guy kept coming out to the front of the bar and telling everyone to be quiet otherwise he would call ze polize, we found amusing and wondered to ourselves, do they actually have polize out here? Up early the next morning and feeling VERY VERY unwell, made our way up to the Jungfrau - highest point in the whole of Europe. The view as you can see from the pics was very surreal and absolutely amazing, there were snow fights, snow disc slides, an attempt to build a rude snowman and effort not to fall asleep. We hung out with the delirious Sydney fun girls and our very own Kiwi Aimzster for the day, my ribs were so sore from laughter, think we had cabin fever on the way down on the train - a 2 hour train ride up & back - but well worth it!!

We were too stuffed to move anywhere when we got back, just chilled out for a bit, had our traditional Swiss dinner, which consisted of cheese fondue, wasn’t a huge fan, had a bit of a weird taste to it, lucky I didn’t like it because Kate loved it and managed to eat my share. Then came our second challenge with the Gappies, a beer boat race! Feeling very ill, I plucked up the courage to be in our 6 person team, I was the only one than suffered a 3 sec penalty, might have had something to do with the fact that half way through the pint I thought it was going to come back up again, but alas - WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS #1!! We hang out for the rest of the evening a dream about getting some sleep on the bus in the morning!

Would be happy to stay in Switzerland for a lot longer but Italy awaits %!/(MISSING)



Additional photos below
Photos: 108, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Instant Fridge....Instant Fridge....
Instant Fridge....

Helps you work, rest & play!
ANTI-FUANTI-FU
ANTI-FU

He he....


Tot: 0.346s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1101s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb