Sunny, but still Snowy


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
June 11th 2013
Published: June 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Panorama WegPanorama WegPanorama Weg

Beyond this point, our favorite trail to Kleine Scheidegg is under 9 feet of snow, with warnings of avalanches! And yes, this is ME in the photo!!!
We've spent the past week on the high peaks enjoying the sun and the snow. Even though some of the trails were closed, the weather was warm and the views were spectacular. I decided to play around with the video feature on my camera and show off the sights. However, I've just discovered that that feature of Travelblog is currently disabled. They are sending me to YouTube. There will be links at the bottom of this text directing you to the videos. The videos are short and not the best, but they were fun to do. Hope it works! If not you should be able to find them under the following tag: Pam and Ron in Switzerland. I also got into the wildflowers and had to add some of those too. Forgive me for getting a bit carried away with the flowers.

Tomorrow, we fly to the Greek island of Lesbos and start our month of island hopping.

[youtube=
]

[youtube=
]

[youtube=
]

[youtube=
]

[youtube=
]

[youtube=
]

[youtube=
]


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Clearing the trailsClearing the trails
Clearing the trails

The snow blowers were clearing the start of the trails.
Gumball BonnetGumball Bonnet
Gumball Bonnet

What better way to keep the gumballs from melting?
Roomba?????Roomba?????
Roomba?????

Don't know if they are vacuuming the lawn or cutiing it.
Gemses Gemses
Gemses

Gemses are Swiss mountain goats.
Allmendhubel ViewAllmendhubel View
Allmendhubel View

According to the tourist info, "it's the best view of the Eiger, the Monch, and the Jungfrau". I totally agree.
CrocusCrocus
Crocus

The yellow stamens are harvested for saffron!
CrocusCrocus
Crocus

There were large fields of white and purple crocus on the high peaks.
Tree sweaters in BrienzTree sweaters in Brienz
Tree sweaters in Brienz

It was a long winter for the local knitters!


11th June 2013

Beautiful!!
Pam, Thanks so much for sharing. I can't wait to retire and travel to Switzerland. You and Ron have made that desire grow over the years by sharing your trips. Have fun in the Greek Isles. I bet it is a little warmer there. Enjoy.
11th June 2013

Sunny but still snowy
good to hear from you again...Am amazed at your ability to find all this beauty...
12th June 2013

Comfortably numb!
Hello Pam and Ron, I am up in Gainesville (UF) doing my tour of duty in the sweltering heat and humidity (fueled by the frequent afternoon rain showers). The trip across campus (town?!) is always fun in the rain! I have enjoyed your pictures and comments. Send more pictures of cooler (temperature implied) places!! Love ya...
14th June 2013

Awesome!
Pam, The videos came through great. I really enjoyed them as you narrated. Thanks for sharing your adventures. The weather here is hot and humid. I hope you are enjoying the Greek Isles.

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb