Alpine Hiking and Mountain Gazing


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Interlaken
July 8th 2009
Published: July 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

How could 3 weeks slip by so quickly? I guess we just hiked it away. This incredibly beautiful area is always a highlight of our time spent in Europe. The trains, lifts, boats, towns, local festivals, and hikes keep us busy every day. The very efficient Swiss transportation system delivered us to various peaks, valleys, or lakes throughout the Bernese Oberland area. From there we hiked 18 different trails and liked some of them so much that we did them several times.

The Swiss Trucker's Festival one weekend and the European Harley Davidson Festival the next weekend added to the fun. The weather was quite good also, with only 5 rainy days out of 21. As always it is hard to leave, but more adventures await us and we'll always return to our Alpine home away from home.

Tomorrow, we fly to Budapest and will be there for 5 days. Then, we will make our way by train to Poland via Czech Republic and Slovakia. After that it's on to Finland to see friends. Our final 3 weeks will be spent in the Greek Islands. With all the travel ahead of us, we'll be off "the radar of cyberspace" for a while. To all the people I owe email, I'll get on that real soon. Thanks for writing and we'll be in touch on down the road.

Auf Wiedersehen Switzerland, we'll be back soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Paragliders above FirstParagliders above First
Paragliders above First

My friend, Lynne, and I plan to do this in the near future!
Our Alpine home away from homeOur Alpine home away from home
Our Alpine home away from home

We rent the top floor of this very charming chalet. If you ever need a great place to stay in Interlaken, this is the place. Just let me know and I'll give you the information. The owners are great people and the location is great with nice views of the mountains.


8th July 2009

Switzerland
Your beautiful pictures just made me want to break out in "The hills are alive with the sound of music". They are beautiful and a place I dream of visiting one day. Jane
12th July 2009

I wish we could visit Switzerland again. I love it too, Nice to know Kleine Schiedegg is still alive and well. Glad you are enjoying it
14th July 2009

As always the pictures from Switzerland bring back great memories of the time we were there with you two. It's just as beautiful as I remember it to be. Love, Nancy & Jim.
16th July 2009

Paragliders
Glad to see the paragliders are still in business...waiting for us! I miss our hike together. Looks like lots of snow this year.

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0772s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb