Day 15: Grindelwald, Take 2!


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Grindelwald
January 2nd 2013
Published: January 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today we decided to make the trip out to Grindelwald again and do some more toboganning, as it may be a while before we are back in Switzerland! We were able to get there earlier today than we did last week, and got in way more runs over the course of the day. Amazing what can be done when you don't lose your partner and you know how to do what you're supposed to be doing!

Don't have any pictures to show for it, as we forgot the camera back at our apartment. We considered buying a helmet cam so everyone could get the full experience, but 600 bucks seemed a bit steep! Take our word for it that we are now seasoned tobogganers - we kept getting faster and faster, with more air on the moguls, more passing people, and less stopping in general. Who knew you could toboggan 4 km in less than 15 minutes?

At the end of the day, we changed into some dry clothes and indulged in a Swiss tradition - cheese fondue for dinner. Quite tasty! Hit up a Bakerei on our way out of town and grabbed an apfel streudel for dessert, then made the 2 hour drive back to Zurich.

One more day here in Zurich and then we head back home!

Advertisement



6th January 2013

Loved reading these!
Especially loved the loosing each other sledging.........What a wonderful experience you two had. Now hopefully you had a good rest and enjoy being back home again! Life is never dull with you is it?

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb