Geneva


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Geneva
April 18th 2008
Published: April 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Last weekend a couple of friends and I took a trip to Geneva, Switzerland. It was a nice short trip! It only took about an hour to get there on the plane and we were there from Friday night to Sunday afternoon. Geneva is the part of Switzerland that speaks French so we felt at home there, one of the girls speaks French quite well so I didn't have to worry too much. Friday night we went out for some typical Swiss food, which apparently is fondue. We went to a restaurant and ordered the house fondue and it was cheese which was fine but all they gave you to dip in it was bread! So we ate cheese and bread for dinner. We could have done a meat fondue but i think that would have doubled the price and Switzerland is a pretty expensive country! We got away from using the Euro there so the exchange rate wasn't so bad, they use the Swiss Franc and it's about the same as the dollar, but everything is just more expensive! The fondue was a good experience though. The next day we visited the UN and the Red Cross Museum. That was pretty interesting. We had some Lebanese for lunch and then just walked around the rest of the day. Geneva is very pretty, it's surrounded by mountains and Lake Geneva is right in the middle too. There's a huge fountain in the lake which is pretty. The next day we didn't have a ton of time so all we did was take a cable car up the side of a mountain to get a beautiful view of the whole city. We could see Mont Blanc from up there too, I got some pretty good pictures. By then we didn't have much time but to go back to the hostel, grab our stuff and head to the airport. It was a pretty low key weekend which was nice, and Switzerland is a very pretty place! It was good to see but now I'm pretty tired of traveling so I'm going to stay in Cannes for the next few weekends and enjoy staying here. I just hope the weather gets a little nicer, it's been rainy and overcast for days now!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.25s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb