Grindelwald - Lake Brienz


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » South-West » Brienz
June 26th 2011
Published: June 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The paddle ferry on Lake BrienzThe paddle ferry on Lake BrienzThe paddle ferry on Lake Brienz

This paddle boat has been fully restored and has it's beautifully clean and shiny engine able to be viewed by passengers.
Today was a shared day with Mariann. The weather is perfect. Summer has arrived with clear sunny skies. We met Mariann at 10.45 at Interlaken and got the old paddle ferry down Lake Brienz to Iseltwald which is a small village on the wooded side of the lake (not the sunny side). From here we walked up the hill and along to Geisbach where there is a high beautiful waterfall and lovely old hotel. This walk takes about 1.5 hours. At the hotel we had lunch before heading back to Iseltwald on the lower track on the lake front.

Because the weather was so good and it was the weekend, there were heaps of people on the boats, walking or lunching out. We were please that most of our walk was in the trees otherwise it would have been a very hot time with temps of 26 degrees or more.

While the walk is not a hard one, on a perfect day like today it was a superb one. The lake was a gorgeous acqua colour, the sky was a clear blue, there were no clouds, the sun shone and there was little wind. People were sun bathing and
The Geissbach FallsThe Geissbach FallsThe Geissbach Falls

The Geissbach Falls viewed from the hotel terrace
braver ones were in swimming. It really felt like being on holiday.

The day was completed by having dinner with Mariann before heading back to Grindelwald to a perfect sunset on the mountains. We are in the longest days here now so it doesn't get dark until after 10pm.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.341s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 63; dbt: 0.1472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb