Hiking


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West
July 8th 2013
Published: July 8th 2013
Edit Blog Post

OMG are we sore. We went hiking today.

A couple of things you need to know:

1. The Alps are steep. Really steep. There is the lake, a road, the train station and then it goes up. STRAIGHT UP. We took the world's steepest train a part of the way up, and then we hiked. It was a beautiful start of the day. The only bad thing is that we climbed into the clouds and visibility was limited. We were unable to see the Matterhorn (the one in Switzerland, not the one at Disneyland). Still a great hike up.

2. Getting down was another story. Tennis shoes were not made for steep downhills. It was down, down, down, for 5,000 vertical feet, with nary a break. Our knees, our hips, our feet are killing us. When we got down, we were very hungry and, admittedly, a bit cranky.

We had a great dinner though.

After dinner, Tyler realized he forgot something at the hostel. So he ran back to the hostel and Allie walked though old town. We agreed to meet up later. It occurs to us how far we have come in 2 weeks. Just 2 short weeks ago we were nervous international travels. Now, neither one of us thought twice about Tyler running off by himself. We each knew we would hook up later on (which we did). We are feeling very independent.

We have had a great trip, and honestly, we don't want to come home. But all good things come to an end, and that includes this trip and this blog. We will have our final entry from Brussels.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb