the hills are alive


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Gimmelwald
July 11th 2006
Published: July 11th 2006
Edit Blog Post

i couldn't help the cheesy title. forgive me.

so, i have to say at this moment, being a week from home, my favorite city was either venice or florence. but, the most beautiful thing i have seen in nature has been this. as soon as we got off the train i litrally lost my breath. the mountains didn't look real, i had heard about the snow, and seen pictures, even great photographers like ansel adams and i was still not prepared for what i was seeing. it took me a bit to realize that everything that was before me was created from a small shift, tiny moment in the plates of the earth created the most amazing landscape i have ever seen.

i have taken trips and seen the ocean, the forest, the valleys of mexico, but i don't think that any of this matched this. i have no pictures to show you now, but like i said the computers in this area are hard to load onto. even when i get the chance to load those photos though, i know that they won't do what i saw even the littlest bit of justice. we went on a hike today, just an easy one for about 2 hours, and i forgot how much i enjoy hiking, i'll have to find time to do some hiking in maine although for the life of me i have no idea where, funny i've been living there for 4 years now and i have missed out on all the great parts of main. when i took a road trip with my friend amy i realiyed how much i was missing in the state i live in.

so, we have a week left, a week of traveling essentially, and i kow this last week is gonna fly by, we have so much to do, mom and i aren't really excited about the last few days in france considering the other experiences we had, but who knows, maybe we'll spend 2 whole days lost in the louvre so no one even has the chance to be rude to us.

see you all in a week, i can't wait to be home.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0681s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb