Gimmelwald aka Heaven


Advertisement
Switzerland's flag
Europe » Switzerland » North-West » Gimmelwald
May 11th 2007
Published: May 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It was nice spending the time in Zurich with just me and Rod, but it was so lonely without 6 people! We met up with Tav, Kris, Ash and Graham this morning in the Zurich train station. They spent the night on the train from Amsterdam. We then took a 2 hour train ride through the mountains to get to Interlaken. From there we took short train/bus/gondola rides to get up the mountain side to Gimmelwald. It's a small, as in population of 140, moutain town which you can only reach by gondolla ride. We took the 50 minute hike, somewhat uphill, to buy groceries and now the boys are cooking supper! I think we'll all be sore tomorrow and don't know how much hiking will happen.

I decided to put more pictures up on Facebook, under my meagan61@hotmail.com address. So feel free to sign up and add me to facebook. Once again i'm having computer trouble. This computer won't let us upload the pictures onto facebook quickly so it's still really slow and there aren't a lot of pics. But way more than I managed to get on this site.
We're staying at a place called Mountain Hostel and if you want to check out the place and the view go to www.mountainhostel.com.

We plan to go up to Schilthorn one of the days we are here. It's not the highest peak in the area, but has one of the best views. It has a revolving restaurant and is the location where parts of a James Bond movie was filmed in the late 1960's. It's a 5 hour hike up and after our short 50minute hike today I am paying for the expensive gondola ride up. Maybe I'll do the hike down.....maybe not. I'll let you know!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.042s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0456s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb